- The majestic Eating Clubs lining Prospect Avenue have been the center of Princeton's undergraduate social life for more than a century, and they continue to provide homes away from home for countless alumni.
- Now, for the first time, the origins, evolution, and architectural grandeur of the
- Eating Clubs are described in a captivating book with splendid archival images and new photographs.
- Researched and created by award-winning author and historic preservation expert Clifford Zink,
- The Princeton Eating Clubs is a beautiful gift and a must-have volume for every Princetonian.
Thoroughly enjoyed learning the history and evolution of the eating clubs. My experiences date to the mid 1960's as a date for football weekends. The whole concept of young women living in the upstairs dorms for the weekend was interesting and based on today's norms, sometimes difficult to fathom. The intent of the clubs was sound and it still works today. The buildings themselves are architectural gems and serve a wonderful purpose of being able to connect undergrads and alumni.