Banner


Banner

1896

The Princeton University Store (or "U-Store") began in 1896 as a student enterprise. At that time, the store operated out of a single dorm room in West College.



Banner

1905

The store officially organized as a campus cooperative in 1905, one year before the completion of Lake Carnegie, & more than forty years before Firestone Library was built.



Banner

1908

B. Franklin Bunn (known as "Mr. Princeton") became the store manager in 1908. It was during his managerial term, that most of the Store's present departments were added & the store expanded to include the entire first floor of West College, with a separate shop for music in town.



Banner

1947

After nearly 40 years of service, B. Franklin Bunn retired from his position as manager & was succeeded by Frederick John Worthington in 1947.



Banner

1958

Under Mr. Worthington's direction, the store combined all of its activities and moved to a new building located at 36 University Place & designed by Eldredge Snyder '22.



Banner

1981

Following Worthington's retirement, Donald C. Broderick became store president in 1981 & held the position for 15 years.



Banner

1996

Following Broderick's retirement in 1996, James R. Sykes became store president & still holds the position today.



Banner

2000

Under Mr. Worthington's direction, the store combined all of its activities and moved to a new building located at 36 University Place & designed by Eldredge Snyder '22.



Banner

2007

Under Mr. Worthington's direction, the store combined all of its activities and moved to a new building located at 36 University Place & designed by Eldredge Snyder '22.